WORK FOR US
We have full-time offices in the US (Orlando) and in the UK (Glasgow) and we have touring crew dotted around the world on various fun missions. We’re always on the look out for talent and we’re always interested in hearing from anyone who fits any of the descriptions below.
Creatives and dreamers
Creatives and dreamers who can help us brainstorm new and exciting stuff for our customers.
Communicators and marketers
Communicators and marketers who can help sell all this exciting stuff to our customers.
Event warriors who can head out on the road and turn our dreams into reality.
A list of our current vacancies is below. If there’s nothing on that link that works for you but you still think you’d be a great addition to the team, shoot us an email and tell us why.
Digital Marketing Executive, Glasgow, UK
- Job Title: Digital Marketing Executive
- Salary: £24K
- Contract: Full-Time & Permanent
- Location: Glasgow City Centre, just minutes from Queen Street station
Do you have experience running social media campaigns to drive awareness, engagement, traffic and ultimately revenue? Interested in developing your career further in digital marketing/advertising? You may have just discovered your perfect role!
We are seeking an ambitious Digital Marketing Executive to join our in-house marketing team to assist with our digital campaigns (both paid and organic) across Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat and Google Ads. You will be tasked with developing a deep understanding of our key audiences, then using these insights to create content that will build awareness, convince and convert.
Experience of running Facebook Ads or Google Ads would be preferred, but we don’t expect you to know it all at this stage. Work ethic is more important. We’re looking for someone who will delve into tasks with a ‘can do’ attitude and is eager to learn within the role. We’re a fast growing company and want you to grow right here alongside us.
This is a full-time, permanent role. Opportunities for development and progression within the company are significant.
Who are we?
XL Event Lab is an international event production company that has grown year on year since 2007. We create large scale, unforgettable experiences that aim to temporarily disconnect people from their devices, get them outside and active, and ultimately bring friends, families and communities closer together. We ran over 200 events across 2018 alone, with thousands enjoying our events every week in the UK, the US and Canada.
- Liaise with manager to help develop and deliver social media (paid and non-paid) strategy, objectives and tactics.
- Assist with digital advertising campaign builds across multiple markets using Facebook Ads Manager and Google Ads Editor. Ensure thorough quality checks are built into your workflow to minimise errors.
- Plan, create and schedule compelling creative content (text/images/video) across various social profiles that engages our audience and enables the brand to maintain a consistent presence.
- Work with 3rd party contractors to brief on-brand content, video and visual assets to support the communications plan.
- Assist with writing copy in the brands tone of voice that generates engagement and direct response from our target audience.
- Curate content that will appeal to our audience to share on social (relevant blog/news coverage, user generated content, event photos)
- Manage email campaigns (we currently use Mailchimp)
- Develop and take ownership of fan building and engagement campaigns
- Research and build relationships with bloggers/influencers/communities who share a similar audience for awareness generating opportunities.
- Administer competitions on social and contact winners to distribute prizes.
- Produce weekly/monthly reports clearly communicating performance against target KPIs, analysis with actionable insights, and recommendations for optimisations.
- Monitor and report on innovative marketing strategies employed by similar brands.
- Keep up to date with the latest digital marketing best practice, tactics, latest formats and channels. Proactively recommend how to incorporate these into our own test campaigns.
- Strong knowledge of social media (in particular Facebook/Instagram/Snapchat), with preferably 1-2 years of proven experience applying this to promote a brand or business.
- Strong attention to detail. We have a lot of campaigns running at any one time and it’s crucial the correct info is being communicated to the correct audience.
- Excellent communication and written skills
- Capable of managing your own workload to deliver tasks to agreed deadline
- A good eye for design and understanding of what will appeal to consumers.
- Results orientated, with a natural drive to continually improve performance and streamline working processes.
- Relevant qualification in social media, PR, advertising or marketing
- Google Ads, Google Analytics or Facebook Blueprint certification.
- Basic experience with image and/or video editing software or apps
- Experience with Mailchimp for sending emails
- Comfortable using Microsoft Excel. Bonus points if you can know your way around pivot tables, vlookup, and functions.
Director of Operations, Orlando, FL
- Location: Orlando, FL
- Salary: Negotiable
XL Event Lab is looking for an experienced director of operations to help develop, grow, oversee and manage all departments within this fast growing event production company.
Working from our office in downtown Orlando FL, the Director of Operations will head up a back office team split between the US and UK as well as production teams working in the field in various locations around the world. The successful candidate will have a passion for organization, a track record of improving efficiencies, an ability to innovate and prosper within a dynamic workplace and will have a minimum of 4 years experience within the events industry with at least two of those at a senior management level.
Initially the newly installed Director will use their experience to review all existing management structures, operational procedures and workflows. They will then use these insights to work alongside the company founders and senior management to create a clear and defined roadmap for all aspects of company operations.
Working from these new foundations the Director of Operations will be responsible for liaising with all departments to improve workflows and efficiencies and to help create a more vibrant and creatively focused workplace. Due to the nature of the company there will be a continued need to refine and streamline the various moving parts and we are particularly interested in candidates able to combine operational efficiency with some creative thinking and problem solving.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
- Improving efficiencies and workflow across a range of departments.
- Ensuring the successful execution of a busy and varied annual events calendar.
- Recruitment of key personnel to help achieve the above.
- Working collaboratively with Founders and senior managers to continually refine and streamline operations.
- Bachelors degree
- At least 4 years experience in the events industry, preferably with experience in outdoor, mass participation events
- At least 2 years in a senior management role
Event Production Assistant, Orlando, FL
- Contract type: 1099 contractor, full time contract.
- Working hours: Typically 8am-4pm, Monday-Friday
- Location: Orlando, FL
- Fee: $600 per week
About the role:
Trainee required for a young, creative company specializing in the development and execution of
youth and young-adult orientated entertainment concepts and experiences. Established in 2007, our company works with entertainment buyers across various sectors including festivals, colleges/universities, military and corporate. We operate in the UK, US and Canada. The core business is split into three parts; development, fulfillment and marketing.
The role involves working from an office in Downtown Orlando, Florida. The successful candidate will be creatively minded with strong organizational skills. The role represents an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic individual willing to learn and with a background or education in the wider events/entertainment/creative industries.
Typical responsibilities will include:
- Assisting management in the execution of all fulfillment and logistics processes required to successfully stage over 400 events per year
- Developing budgets and implementing cost control initiatives related to event fulfillment. Some basic bookkeeping will also be a part of the role
- Developing established products and proposing ideas for new products and experiences that will appeal to our existing client bases
- Sourcing talent, venues, contractors and local partners in new markets in various countries
- Liaising on a daily basis with our strategic partners including designers, booking agents and talent
- Assisting in the marketing and promotion of events both online and offline
- Working on site at events, including management of small teams of volunteers. This will sometimes involve camping on festival sites
The successful candidate must possess the following skills:
- Up to date knowledge of current and developing trends in the event, music, creative and wider entertainment industries
- Strong organizational skills and excellent attention to detail
- Knowledge of the basics of budget management 2
- Good inter-personal skills and telephone manner
- A good working knowledge of Excel is essential and experience with Google Docs is preferred
- A basic knowledge of digital marketing and promotion techniques in the modern event/entertainment sphere would be useful, but is not essential
Recruitment Coordinator, Orlando, FL
- Job Title: Recruitment Coordinator
- Salary: $20 / ph
- Contract: Part Time
- Location: Orlando, FL
XL Event Lab are seeking to hire an experienced recruitment coordinator to support our Orlando based team. The successful candidate will help fulfil our various recruitment needs and will also help manage the contractual needs of our existing staff.
This will be a part-time contract averaging 20 hours per week. Our office is based in downtown Orlando, however, for this role, we are happy to consider applicants who would prefer to work from home.
If you’re interested in working for a young, fast growing company with an international portfolio of events here are some of the skills you’ll require:
- Minimum two years experience working in either Recruitment or Human Resources.
- Motivated, self-starter who can work independently and show good initiative.
- Strong project-management skills and proficiency in creating concise reports for management.
Below is more detail on the role and the specific tasks and responsibilities involved:
- Working with management to create detailed job descriptions
- Creating engaging and exciting copy for job ads
- Booking advertising on relevant platforms, managing ad budgets and reviewing ad results
- Screening Resumes
- Conducting initial phone/video screenings and scheduling secondary interviews
- Managing the background screening process alongside our designated vendor and ensuring all processes are compliant.
- Managing all contracts including the issuing of new contracts and the termination of others and ensuring compliance.
- Liaising directly with team members to discuss contract terms and conditions and to initiate changes and renewals, if and when required.
- Working with management to streamline processes
Touring Event Build Contractor, USA
- Contract Title: Touring Event Build Contractor
- Duration of Contract: May thru November 2019
- Contract Fee: Negotiable
- Location: USA
Big Bounce America LLC is offering fixed-term contracts to experienced independent contractors looking to work at our family friendly touring event.
Various contractors are sought for with the following skills and experience:
- Construction trade experience at all skill levels.
- Experienced riggers
- Qualified forklift drivers
- Experienced amusement ride operators.
Contracts will vary in length from two months to six months.
All tasks will be carried out in an open-air environment and all contractors should be experienced in carrying out manual labor in these conditions. Contractors will be expected to work independently to complete the daily tasks that are set and will be expected to supply any tools and specialist equipment required to complete these tasks.
Hotel accommodation will be provided for the duration of the contract.