WORK FOR US
We have full-time offices in the US (Orlando) and in the UK (Glasgow) and we have touring crew dotted around the world on various fun missions. We’re always on the look out for talent and we’re always interested in hearing from anyone who fits any of the descriptions below.
Creatives and dreamers
Creatives and dreamers who can help us brainstorm new and exciting stuff for our customers.
Communicators and marketers
Communicators and marketers who can help sell all this exciting stuff to our customers.
Event warriors who can head out on the road and turn our dreams into reality.
A list of our current vacancies is below. If there’s nothing on that link that works for you but you still think you’d be a great addition to the team, shoot us an email and tell us why.
Director of Operations, Orlando, FL
- Location: Orlando, FL
- Salary: Negotiable
XL Event Lab is looking for an experienced director of operations to help develop, grow, oversee and manage all departments within this fast growing event production company.
Working from our office in downtown Orlando FL, the Director of Operations will head up a back office team split between the US and UK as well as production teams working in the field in various locations around the world. The successful candidate will have a passion for organization, a track record of improving efficiencies, an ability to innovate and prosper within a dynamic workplace and will have a minimum of 4 years experience within the events industry with at least two of those at a senior management level.
Initially the newly installed Director will use their experience to review all existing management structures, operational procedures and workflows. They will then use these insights to work alongside the company founders and senior management to create a clear and defined roadmap for all aspects of company operations.
Working from these new foundations the Director of Operations will be responsible for liaising with all departments to improve workflows and efficiencies and to help create a more vibrant and creatively focused workplace. Due to the nature of the company there will be a continued need to refine and streamline the various moving parts and we are particularly interested in candidates able to combine operational efficiency with some creative thinking and problem solving.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
- Improving efficiencies and workflow across a range of departments.
- Ensuring the successful execution of a busy and varied annual events calendar.
- Recruitment of key personnel to help achieve the above.
- Working collaboratively with Founders and senior managers to continually refine and streamline operations.
- Bachelors degree
- At least 4 years experience in the events industry, preferably with experience in outdoor, mass participation events
- At least 2 years in a senior management role
Event Production Assistant, Orlando, FL
- Contract type: Full time role with 10 paid vacation days
- Working hours: Typically 8am-4pm, Monday-Friday
- Location: Orlando, FL
- Fee: $600 per week
About the role:
Trainee required for a young, creative company specializing in the development and execution of
youth and young-adult orientated entertainment concepts and experiences. Established in 2007, our company works with entertainment buyers across various sectors including festivals, colleges/universities, military and corporate. We operate in the UK, US and Canada. The core business is split into three parts; development, fulfillment and marketing.
The role involves working from an office in Downtown Orlando, Florida. The successful candidate will be creatively minded with strong organizational skills. The role represents an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic individual willing to learn and with a background or education in the wider events/entertainment/creative industries.
Typical responsibilities will include:
- Assisting management in the execution of all fulfillment and logistics processes required to successfully stage over 400 events per year
- Developing budgets and implementing cost control initiatives related to event fulfillment. Some basic bookkeeping will also be a part of the role
- Developing established products and proposing ideas for new products and experiences that will appeal to our existing client bases
- Sourcing talent, venues, contractors and local partners in new markets in various countries
- Liaising on a daily basis with our strategic partners including designers, booking agents and talent
- Assisting in the marketing and promotion of events both online and offline
- Working on site at events, including management of small teams of volunteers. This will sometimes involve camping on festival sites
The successful candidate must possess the following skills:
- Up to date knowledge of current and developing trends in the event, music, creative and wider entertainment industries
- Strong organizational skills and excellent attention to detail
- Knowledge of the basics of budget management 2
- Good inter-personal skills and telephone manner
- A good working knowledge of Excel is essential and experience with Google Docs is preferred
- A basic knowledge of digital marketing and promotion techniques in the modern event/entertainment sphere would be useful, but is not essential
Touring Front of House Staff, USA
- Job Title: Touring Front of House Staff
- Salary: Negociable
- Benefits: Travel to and from home city at start and end of tour included; Hotel accommodation (sharing with one other) included; Please note there is no ‘per diem’ on offer
- Contract Duration: Sep-Nov 2019 & Jan-Nov 2020
- Location: USA
We are looking for touring Front of House staff to join our team and help oversee customer relations at our touring, outdoor event-experience, The Big Bounce America
If you’re interested in working for a fast growing production company with a global portfolio of events here are some of the skills you’ll require;
- Experience in the service/events/entertainment industries.
- Direct experience in customer-facing roles.
- A genuine passion to create the best customer experience possible.
- Cash-handling experience.
- Strong organizational and reporting skills.
- Flexibility with regards to working hours and locations.
Touring Event Build Contractor, USA
- Contract Title: Touring Event Build Contractor
- Duration of Contract: May thru November 2019
- Contract Fee: Negotiable
- Location: USA
Big Bounce America LLC is offering fixed-term contracts to experienced independent contractors looking to work at our family friendly touring event.
Various contractors are sought for with the following skills and experience:
- Construction trade experience at all skill levels.
- Experienced riggers
- Qualified forklift drivers
- Experienced amusement ride operators.
Contracts will vary in length from two months to six months.
All tasks will be carried out in an open-air environment and all contractors should be experienced in carrying out manual labor in these conditions. Contractors will be expected to work independently to complete the daily tasks that are set and will be expected to supply any tools and specialist equipment required to complete these tasks.
Hotel accommodation will be provided for the duration of the contract.